Governments at all levels have been advised to support the the Zero Hunger Nigeria Programme to further achieve its targets and objectives particularly through farmers friendly programmes.
Farmers in Nigeria under the Zero Hunger Commodity Associations, a subsidiary of the United Nations Committee stared this in a communique issued in Ilorin a copy made available to ROYAL NEWS on Tuesday.
The communique was signed by the National Coordinator of the Association, Dr. Tunde Arosanyin.
The farmers’ group sought a collaboration with the Commodity Exchange Market of Nigeria and the Nigeria Export and Import Bank (NEXIM) so as to guarantee good returns on farm produce locally and internationally.
“That Research Institutions and Extension Services be adequately funded by the Federal Government and State Government for effective performance of the Agricultural sector”.
It also explained that the meeting rose affirming their belief in the Agricultural Revolution Programmes of President Muhammadu Buhari, through Green Alternative Roadmap as a veritable channel to improve agricultural production in Nigeria.
The association however, resolved that government should encourage appropriate implementation strategy that will be all inclusive.
The body said that it appreciated the leadership qualities of Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, who is the chairman of the Zero Hunger Nigeria Forum, towards the development of the agricultural sector of the country’s economy.
- Society for Peace Holds 16th Annual Conference Nov. 30
- If you think migrating legally is good for you, go– Femi Adesina
- Lagos 2023: Two guber candidates step down for Jandor
- Housewife, 20, arrested for allegedly killing her co-wife with pestle in Bauchi
- Buhari’s in-law, Sha’aban resigns from APC
- Unilorin ASUU protest alleged casualisation of intellectual workers
- Tinubu will run an all-inclusive government, says PCC
- London museum returns looted Benin bronzes to Nigeria
- Fire guts 150 shops in Kachako Market in Kano State
- 2023 Election: INEC won’t allow PVC collection by proxy