The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN) will represent His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari (GCFR) at Saturday’s 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifying showdown between Nigeria and Zambia in Uyo.
ROYAL NEWS learnt on Friday morning that Fashola, who as Governor of Lagos State frequently hosted the grand finale of the Federation Cup (now AITEO Cup) competition and the noted football enthusiast, will fly into the Akwa Ibom State capital on Saturday. Read also: Man kills 40-year-old sister for having younger boyfriend
Top officials have also confirmed that President of the Senate, Distinguished Senator Abubakar Bukola Saraki, Honourable Minister of Youth and Sports, Barr. Solomon Dalung and the Chairmen of the Senate and House Committees on Sports, Senator Obinna Ogba and Hon. Goni Bukar Lawan will also be at the Godswill Akpabio Stadium.
Host Governor Udom Emmanuel and members of the Akwa Ibom State cabinet, NOC President Habu Gumel and Members of the NFF Executive Committee and Management will also be present.
The Super Eagles, three points ahead of second –placed Zambia going into the penultimate day of the African qualifiers, require only the minimum win against the Chipolopolo on Saturday to join 10 other nations that have already qualified for the 32 –team football showpiece in Russia next year.
- American journalist collapses, dies at Qatar World Cup
- ICPC: D’banj breaks silence after release
- Tinubu better than Peter Obi, but he’s a drug lord– Reno
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele