A man who died in a house in Northern Italy along with three of his four young daughters is suspected of murder-suicide.
The ANSA news agency said arson on the part of the father was suspected because rescuers found piled up material at the entrance of the flat, presumably used to start the fire.
The blaze took place in Como, a lakeside city about 50 kilometres north of Milan.
Spokesperson for the regional health authority told dpa that a 49-year-old man and three girls aged 3, 7 and 11 died in the fire, while the fourth one aged 5 was in critical condition.
Fire safety officials on the scene said the family was unconscious when they arrived shortly after 8 am (0600 GMT).
The sole survivor was given a heart massage for almost three hours, the health authority said.
The family was from Morocco and was being followed by social services, ANSA said.
The mother of the girls was not at home because she had recently checked into a clinic for mental health problems.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign