Governors Kayode Fayemi of Ekiri State and his Kwara State counterpart, Abdulfatah Ahmed, have congratulated Christian faithful on the celebration of this year’s Christmas.
This was contained in their goodwill messages to christians in commemoration of this year’s christmas celebration.
Fayemi urged them to continue to live by example in matters relating to love, peace and progress.
He said Christmas is a season to demonstrate love for one another, through giving and peaceful coexistence, adding that such love and generosity and craving for peace should extend beyond the season.
Signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Yinka Oyebode, the Governor said it is only through a practical demonstration of love, peaceful co -existence with one another that Nigerians can unite and forge ahead in the crucial task of nation building.
Similarly, Alhaji Abdulwahab Oba,the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor Ahmed in his statement urged Christians to allow this year’s celebration of the birth of Christ to rekindle, strengthen and reaffirm their faith in government’s ability and willingness to overcome all challenges.
The Governor also advised kwarans to reflect more deeply on the virtues and ideals which the Messiah espoused during his earthly mission.
Ahmed however enjoined Christian adherents to internalize the virtues of love for fellowmen, tolerance, Godliness, honesty, fairness, selflessness, and peaceful co-existence for prosperous nation and humanity.
He urged the Christian faithful to use the opportunity of the celebration of the birth of Jesus to offer special prayers for a greater manifestation of divine peace in the state and vanquishing of all demons of hatred, divisiveness and disunity in the state.
“Let us be more statesman-like, conduct issues-based campaigns, and eschew promotion of falsehood, division and hatred of others as we seek the votes of our countrymen in what should be a peaceful competition among contending points of view for the progress and development of our dear nation”, the governor said.
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt