Fayemi, in a statement issued by his media aide, Malam Ahmad Sajoh, praised Buhari as a leader who has done his best to fix the multi-dimensional problems plaguing Nigeria.
Fayemi noted that even the fiercest critics of Buhari would not deny his personal integrity, his ascetic lifestyle and his love for the common people.
Fayemi said Buhari’s love for the people had been demonstrated in the numerous social development and pro-people policies and programmes of the Federal Government in the last seven-and-half years of his administration.
“Buhari has shown through his personal example and conduct that a new kind of leadership is possible in Africa, one that is not exemplified by the accumulation of personal wealth but speedy social and infrastructural transformation through government action.
“As the president marks his 80th birthday, I felicitate with him and his family. I wish him continuous good health and a long and prosperous life,”Fayemi said.
- INEC investigates viral video of extortion during PVCs collection in Enugu
- Buhari inaugurates 10mw solar plant in Kano State
- Court remands woman for pouring hot water on her co-wife in Kwara
- UNA-USA Ambassador, Lady Tee Thompson applauds KAM Holding for promoting SDGs
- Why I am not allocating land in FCT – Minister
- Nigeria records 244 confirmed cases of Lassa fever, 37 deaths in 16 states and FCT
- 2023: Kwara Hausa/Fulani community adopts NNPP guber candidate
- LASU Senate elects Omobitan new Deputy VC
- Abuja /Kaduna train to resume operations on Tuesday
- Diezani drags EFCC to court to recover seized assets