FAYEMI FELICITATES WITH CHRISTIANS AT EASTER
Ekiti State Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi has felicitated with Christians in the State and the country on this year’s Easter celebration, urging them to imbibe the spirit of tolerance, peaceful co-existence and sacrifice for one another, stating that development and growth can only take place when the people are united.
Dr. Fayemi in his Easter goodwill message, signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Yinka Oyebode, in Ado-Ekiti, urged Christians not to lose sight of the lessons of love and sacrifice which are the hallmarks of Easter, an annual event marking the end of the 40 days Lenten period as well as the commemoration of the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
He said the season should serve as a reminder to the selflessness, love, sacrifice and tolerance of Jesus Christ throughout His earthly sojourn, his death and his resurrection.
The Governor said Jesus Christ exemplified the virtues of selflessness, love and tolerance during his period on earth. He therefore urged Christians to use the season as a period to reflect on their individual and collective roles in promoting and sustaining love, peace and harmony in the country.
Governor Fayemi called on Christians to make use of the Easter period to pray for God’s intervention in the country’s efforts at tackling various challenges, especially insecurity, adding that no challenge is insurmountable where unity of purpose thrives.
He urged Christians to be modest in their celebration and continue to observe the Covid-19 safety protocols as laid out by the government and health officials.
While wishing Ekitikete a happy Easter celebration, Governor Fayemi urged them to continue to support the government’s development efforts through the administration’s five development pillars.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Profile of Rev. Fd. Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect
- Ramadan: CAN calls for prayers for peace in Nigeria
- (PHOTOS)EFCC arrests 28 suspected Yahoo Yahoo boys in Kwara
- Aggrieved parties file 25 petitions before Lagos election tribunal
- Referee suspended for using fan’s phone to review a goal
- Ramadan: Buhari sends best wishes to Muslim faithful
- NLC declares nationwide strike from Wednesday next week
- President-Elect Tinubu jets out to Europe
- JUST IN…..Emir of Ilorin confirms commencement of Ramadan fasting tomorrow
- I didn’t interfere, polls reflected Nigerians’ choices – Buhari