By Adekunle Ogbonnaiye, Ado-Ekiti
Three persons have been remanded in prison custody in Ado-Ekiti for allegedly stealing about N25 million, ($50,000) belonging to
the Personal Assistant on Domestic to Ekiti State Governor, Mr. Sunday Omosilade, at the government lodge.
They are Bamidele Temitope, 36, Afolabi Sunday, 42 and Shuaib Amidu, 67.
Police prosecutor in the case, Sgt. Caleb Leranmo told the court on Wednesday that the accused persons committed the offence on December
29, 2016 at the Ekiti State Government House Lodge in Ado-Ekiti, the state capital.
Leranmo alleged that, the accused persons did conspire together to commit felony to wit stealing, thereby committed an offence punishable under section 516 of Criminal Code, Cap C16, laws of Ekiti State 2012.
The prosecutor also alleged that the accused persons, on the said date did unlawfully stole 50,000 USD (Fifty thousand dollar) belonging to
one Sunday Omosilade.
He said the accused persons thereby committed an offence punishable under section 390 of the Criminal Code, Cap C16, Laws of Ekiti State
The prosecutor alleged that among the accused persons, Shuaib Amidu on December 30, 2016 was arrested at Mugbaba area in Ado-Ekiti.
He said the accused person become an accomplice after the fact of felony to one Afolabi Sunday when he change 20,000 USD (Twenty thousand dollar) stolen money to Naira denomination for him.
According to him, the offence contravened section 519 of the Criminal Code, Cap C16, Laws of Ekiti State 2012.
The accused persons pleaded not guilty to the charges, while their counsel, Mr. Busuyi Ayorinde applied for their bail but the court told him to formalize his application.
The Chief Magistrate, Adesoji Adegboye, later remanded the accused persons in prison custody and adjourned the case to January 16, for
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector
- Emir Sulu-Gambari hosts Kauran Namoda, Imo monarchs in Ilorin (PHOTOS)
- PHOTO NEWS: EFCC Ilorin zonal organises road-walk against corruption
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List