Barely 48 hours to his tenure expiration, the outgoing Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, has the urged the people of the state to trust in God for a better future for him and the state.
Fayose also promised to always be with the people at all times.
The governor said this during a thanksgiving service held in his honour at the Government House chapel on Sunday morning, after which he traveled out of the state.
And, as Fayose left the state on Sunday afternoon, residents trooped out, hailing him in an emotional farewell.
He had earlier on Saturday embarked on a ‘Thank you walk’ around major streets of Ado Ekiti where he received accolades from traders, artisans and other residents of the state.
Tears rolled down the cheeks of many who lined up the streets to bid him farewell en route the Akure Airport, Ondo State, where he had to catch a flight.
The second term of the governor ends midnight of Monday, while he has a date to keep with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on Tuesday by 1.00 pm.
Earlier at a thanksgiving held in his honour at the Government’s House chapel, Fayose, in an emotion laden voice, thanked the people for their support while he was in office.
He told the people that he would always be with them, urging them to trust in God for a better future for him and the state.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal