Barely 48 hours to his tenure expiration, the outgoing Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, has the urged the people of the state to trust in God for a better future for him and the state.
Fayose also promised to always be with the people at all times.
The governor said this during a thanksgiving service held in his honour at the Government House chapel on Sunday morning, after which he traveled out of the state.
And, as Fayose left the state on Sunday afternoon, residents trooped out, hailing him in an emotional farewell.
He had earlier on Saturday embarked on a ‘Thank you walk’ around major streets of Ado Ekiti where he received accolades from traders, artisans and other residents of the state.
Tears rolled down the cheeks of many who lined up the streets to bid him farewell en route the Akure Airport, Ondo State, where he had to catch a flight.
The second term of the governor ends midnight of Monday, while he has a date to keep with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on Tuesday by 1.00 pm.
Earlier at a thanksgiving held in his honour at the Government’s House chapel, Fayose, in an emotion laden voice, thanked the people for their support while he was in office.
He told the people that he would always be with them, urging them to trust in God for a better future for him and the state.
- TEMPORARY BAN ON PROTEST, RALLIES AND UNLAWFUL PROCESSIONS IN KWARA
- Opinion….THE ESSENTIALS OF GBENGA POWER (1)
- 35 Muslim Personalities, Groups Set To Bag IMAN’s Awards
- New currency: NASS, INEC admit threat to general elections
- Tinubu hails Nigerian Governors over Supreme Court ruling on CBN Naira Swap policy
- Election will hold as scheduled– INEC Chairman briefs FEC
- Bank workers threaten nationwide shutdown over attacks
- Old naira extension: Tinubu hails govs over Supreme Court ruling
- Governors beg Buhari to extend naira swap deadline
- Naira Notes: Supreme Court bans FG, CBN in a temporary ruling