Diginatries from across the country are expected to participate in the United Nation’s International Day of Peace organised by the Department of Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution of National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN).
ROYAL NEWS reports that the event is scheduled to hold on Wednesday 21st September 2022.
In a statement issued by the Chairman of Media and Publicity sub-committee, Abdur-Rahman Balogun, said the theme for this year’s celebration is “End Racism, Build Peace.”
He disclosed that highlights of the Peace Day include a lecture by Prof. Uwakwe Abugu, Vice Chancellor, Ave Maria University, Piyanko, Nasarawa state at the Convocation Arena, NOUN Headquarters, Abuja from 10am.
He said other activities lined up for the day include Peace Walk from 7.00am to 9.00am, Workshop, HOD’s Awards, presentation and launching of the book on Peace Building and Nationalism.
Minister of Federal Capital Territory, Malam Mohammed Musa Bello is expected as special guest of honour while Chairman of the day is Dr. Ahmed Abubakar Audi, Commandant-General, Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps.
Prof. Umaru A. Pate, Vice-Chancellor of Federal University, Kashere, Gombe state, and Prof. Oluranti Ojo of the Department of History and International studies, University of Abuja, are the main discussants.
The duo of Prof. Femi Peters, Vice Chancellor, NOUN, and Dr. Samuel Opeyemi Iroye, HOD Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution, NOUN, are the Chief Host and Host respectively.
Other expected guests are Prof. Ibrahim Maqari, Chief Imam, National Mosque, Abuja, and the Most Revd Dr. Peter Oluwakemi Ogunmuyiwa, Arch Bishop of the African Church, Abuja as spiritual fathers of the Day.
Both Dr. Garba Abari, the Director General, National Orientation Agency and Hon. Dr. Velita Asabe Bashir, Director General, National Centre for Women Development (NCWD) Abuja are the Special Guests of Honour.
Also expected to grace the occasion are His Highness Dr. Nuhu Muhammadu Sanusi, Emir of Dutse and Chancellor, Sokoto State University, and His Highness Alhaji Ismail Mohammed, Sarkin Karshi, FCT, Abuja as Royal Fathers of the Day.
- Gbenga Power rejoices with Nigerians on 63rd Independence celebrations
- CJN to inaugurate 23 Federal High Court Judges Oct 4.
- US Court Orders Release of Tinubu’s Academic Records in 48 hrs
- Kwara Proposes N239bn Revised Budget To Assembly
- Gamji Association Tasks Youths To Emulate Virtues Of Founding Fathers
- Fagbemi dissociates FG from N50bn plea bargain with Emefiele
- Nigeria @63: Peaceful co-existence is germane for nat’l growth— Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Nigeria @63: Tinubu approves new minimum wage for FG workers
- (PHOTOS) Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Benin
- Opinion: Celebrating a quintessential ex-Defence Minister, Gen. BS Magashi @ 74