Federal Government again on Friday, rejects Governor’s proposal on pump price, insists that no decision on the adjustment of petrol price would be reached until the ongoing negotiations with the organised labour were concluded.
The Governors’ advice, chaired by Kaduna State Governor, Malam Nasir El-Rufai, based on the report of the committee to shoot petrol price up to between N380 and N408.5 per litre and removing fuel subsidy, was first rejected by the Federal Government on May 21.
Gov. El-Rufai, while presenting the report of his committee to the NGF, explained that the current subsidy regime was unsustainable because smugglers and illegal markets in neighbouring African countries were the beneficiaries.
But the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Chief Timipre Sylva, in a statement, insists, the current petrol price of between N162 and N165 per litre would retain until the ongoing negotiations with the organised labour is concluded.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 62 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate