The Federal Executive Council (FEC) has approved the sum of N4.8 billion being augmentation for the Benin-Adumagbae-Igba-Akure road in Edo and Ondo State.
Minister of State for Works and Housing, Abubakar Aliyu, made this known while briefing State House correspondents after the FEC meeting on Wednesday at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
The meeting was presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari.
“We presented a memo to the Council today; which is an augmentation of an ongoing project; it is a road project from Benin-Adumagbae-Igba-Akure Road in Edo and Ondo States.
“The contract was awarded in Dec. 2013, meaning we have inherited the project and as you all know, it is the decision of President Buhari to continue and complete all ongoing projects.’’
Aliyu said that the project was stopped for some time due to lack of funding.
According to him, the contract has to be reviewed as the contractor is going back to work.
“We have reviewed the contract from the original sum of N3.3 billion inclusive of VAT and tax, an increase of about N1.48 billion. It was further reviewed down through the processes of going to BPP to the total sum of N4.8 billion,’’ he said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption