The Federal Executive Council (FEC) has approved the sum of N4.8 billion being augmentation for the Benin-Adumagbae-Igba-Akure road in Edo and Ondo State.
Minister of State for Works and Housing, Abubakar Aliyu, made this known while briefing State House correspondents after the FEC meeting on Wednesday at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
The meeting was presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari.
“We presented a memo to the Council today; which is an augmentation of an ongoing project; it is a road project from Benin-Adumagbae-Igba-Akure Road in Edo and Ondo States.
“The contract was awarded in Dec. 2013, meaning we have inherited the project and as you all know, it is the decision of President Buhari to continue and complete all ongoing projects.’’
Aliyu said that the project was stopped for some time due to lack of funding.
According to him, the contract has to be reviewed as the contractor is going back to work.
“We have reviewed the contract from the original sum of N3.3 billion inclusive of VAT and tax, an increase of about N1.48 billion. It was further reviewed down through the processes of going to BPP to the total sum of N4.8 billion,’’ he said.
- BREAKING…. Kwara govt announces total lockdown in Offa
- COVID-19: UK records death of another medical doctor
- Buhari wishes PM Boris Johnson quick recovery
- COVID-19 is real, Iba of Kishi sensitizes subjects
- It is no time to panic, Gov. Abdulrazaq tells Kwarans
- COVID-19: Kwara begins contact tracing of 75 persons
- FG suspends payment of interest on debts owed by state govts
- Gov. Ayade imposes N300,000 fine for mask-usage refusal
- How Gov. Seyi Makinde got cured from coronavirus infection
- Buhari hails Amb. Boladei Igali at 60
News3 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
Education5 months ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
Politics4 months ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
News10 months ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
Politics10 months ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)
Politics3 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
Politics6 months ago
EXPOSED…. Why Kwara Governor wants more women in his cabinet— Ajadi
Politics10 months ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen