The Federal Executive Council on Wednesday approved N5.6bn for the third quarter soil erosion controlled accelerated intervention projects for six states in different geo-political zones in the country.
The approval was given at the council’s meeting presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
The Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, disclosed this to State House correspondents at a press conference at the end of the meeting.Adesina was joined at the briefing by the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Audu Ogbeh; and the Minister of State for Aviation, Hadi Sirika.
The presidential spokesman listed the states that will benefit from the fund to include Kano, Sokoto, Ondo, Osun, Enugu and Bayelsa.
“It would be a standard agreement to facilitate the movement of people and business transactions,” the minister explained.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Dancing Senator, Ademola Adeleke declared as authentic Osun PDP candidate
- Hajj: NAHCON inaugurates, screens medical team
- PHOTO NEWS: Faces at NDC security seminar held in Abuja
- EFCC traces N130m illegal trasnfer into ex-Speaker Patricia Etteh’s account
- FCTA laments influx of beggars from states
- NERC releases update on alleged Tariff increment
- Saraki woos Osun PDP delegates, canvasses support for Adeleke
- PHOTO NEWS: Tinubu visits Kwara, salutes Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Tinubu assures of victory against any PDP candidate
- KWACCIMA pleads with FG to reopen Kwara, Niger borders