The distribution of forms for the Federal Government Special Public Work’s 774,000 jobs has began across the 16 local government area of Kwara state.
Presenting the forms to the Traditional chiefs in Asa local government area of the state, the state Coordinator, Mr Segun Oyewo, said the forms are free for both indigenes and residents of Asa local government area aimed at reducing the economic effects of COVID-19 on the masses.
Mr. Oyewo, who was represented by the Asa Local Government Selection Committee Representative, Alhaji Mohammed Uthman Jagunma, said the visit is to dialogue with the Traditional chiefs, Religious leaders, market women, transport unions and Community Based Organizations on how to sensitize and distribute forms to the residents of Asa local government.
He noted that 1,000 beneficiaries would come from each of the 16 local government areas of the state, which Asa local government would not be left out.
Jagunma explained that beneficiaries will be educated ànd non-education between 18 and 50 years of age and the programme will run from October to December with N20,000 monthly stipend for each beneficiary.
In their separate remark, the Daudu Ballah, Alhaji Salman Abdulkadir and the Daudu Afon, Alhaji Hanafi Balogun-Fulani commended President Muhammadu Buhari and the Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Festus Keyamo for the kick-off of the programme to eradicate poverty in the country.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal
- Multichoice, stakeholders reject pay-per-view for TV
- Money to fix Nigeria stolen on daily basis – ICPC