The Federal Government on Monday confirmed the appointment of Dr. Abdulateef Olatunji as the new Rector of the Feederal Polytechnic, Offa, Kwara State.
Chairman of Senior Staff Association of Nigeria Polytechnics (SSANIP), in the polytechnic, Mr. Ayodeji Bankole confirmed the appointment in an interview with journalists.
It may be recalled that appointment of new Rector for the Polytechnic has generated a lot of tussle among contestants.
A total 32 individuals contestants including professors outside the polytechnic system showed interest in the Rectorship position.
Thu number was later pruned to 13 and finally to five including the Acting Rector, Dr. (Mrs) Ayo Olaosebikan who was also the chairman of the screening committee.
The struggle for the position generated series of squabbles between staff unions of the institution with a heap of petitions rising against Dr Olaosebikan.
Some sections of the unions said the Acting Rector did not meet the
criteria laid down for the post.
Bankole said that the announcement of Dr Olartunji was well received by cross section of the academic community.
He said there was jubilation among the staff of the institution on hearing the announcement of Dr Olatunji as the new Rector.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal