Friday, April 10 and Monday, April 13 have been declared as public holidays by the federal government to mark the 2020 Easter Celebration.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the Minister of Interior, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola made the declaration on behalf of the Federal Government on Monday.
In a statement signed by the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry, Barrister Georgina Ehuriah, the Minister urged Christians in the country to emulate the outstanding characteristics of Jesus Christ amongst which are tolerance, love, peace and compassion.
Aregbesola called on them to use the occasion of this year’s Easter Celebration to pray for Nigeria and the entire world at this time of global emergency of COVID-19 Pandemic.
The statement reads:” The Minister appealed to all Nigerians to continue to support the efforts of Government towards fighting the Coronavirus Disease.
“He reminded them of the need to adhere strictly to the measures put in place by relevant authorities towards preventing the spread of the virus in the country particularly, through the observance of social distancing, in addition to regular personal hygiene and sanitary practices.
“While wishing Christians a peaceful Easter Celebration, he assured that the President Muhammadu Buhari Administration would continue to cushion the effects of the pandemic on the lives of Nigerians, especially with the palliative measures already put in place.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal