The Federal Government has declared Monday, December 12 as public holiday to mark the Eid-El Maulud celebration.
Minister of Interior, Abdulrahman Bello Dambazau who made the declaration on behalf of the Federal Government, enjoined all Muslim faithful and Nigerians in general to cooperate and join hands with President Muhammadu Buhari, “as he works tirelessly to build a strong, united and peaceful Nation”.
A statement signed by the acting Permanent Secretary in the ministry, Muhammadu Maccido quoted the minster as urging “all Nigerians to use the occasion to pray for peace across the nation, while calling on all to be patient and supportive of the present administration for the successful implementation of its laudable programmes”.
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation