The federal government has been commended for donating state of the art firefighting equipment to the Kwara State government.
The Deputy Governor of the state, Mr Kayode Alabi, gave the commendation while commissioning a fire truck deployed to Fire Service Training School in Ilorin.
Alabi explained that the gesture would strengthen the state government’s preparedness to combat fire disaster and secure lives and property in record time.
He also noted that his administration had improved the level of preparedness and response to fire outbreak by procuring two skytic modern rapid intervention fire trucks and one firefighting truck.
The deputy governor however commended the commitment of state fire officers in handling 118 fire calls and called on Kwarans to cooperate with the Fire Service for better service.
Speaking earlier, the Controller General of the Federal Fire Service, Dr Ibrahim Liman, represented by Assistant Controller General in the service, Callistus Agu, explained that the fire truck is deployed to serve dual functions of firefighting and training of firefighters in the North Central Geopolitical Zone of the country.
Dr Liman added that firefighting is everybody’s business, hence the need for synergy between the Federal and State Government to contain the menace of fire outbreak.
The CG of the fire service also solicited for improved training and welfare of state firefighters as practised in other states.
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note