Aminat Isah, Abuja
As part of efforts geared at meeting some of the key issues of the positive change agenda, the federal government on Thursday flagged-off the Nigerian Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF),
The Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, while performing the ceremony described it as a means put in place by the Ministry of Education towards the realisation of government’s develoomental agenda.
According to the Minister, “we intend to strategically place technical and vicational education and training (TVET) in proper perspective to ensure that TVET institutions are abke and available to perform their roles and meet the aspirations of the Nigerian economy.
“The 21st century worldover trend and demand for functoonal competences by industries and employers led to the aim of the ministry to exploit the country’s TVET potential to help reduce unemployment, poverty, incidence ofbsocial vices, improve quality of life and promote peace and democracy in the country.”
He however urged the National Board for Technical Education to begin to look into , identify, classify, brand and provide a model fo ensuring quality assurance and standardization of many unbranded trades that abound in the Nigerian economy.
Also speaking, the Director General, National Board for Technical Education (NBTE), Dr M.A.Kazaure, said the disconnection of industries with academic programmes where assessment and evaluation process remains largely theoretical and many others have necessitated the drive for the institutionalization of Nigeria Skills Qualifications Framework.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements