The Federal Government has launched the e- ticketing solution to address the several complaints by commuters on ticket racketeering at the Abuja- Kaduna train stations.
The Minister of Transportation, Hon. Rotimi Ameachi, disclosed this Thursday at the launch of the scheme held virtually in Abuja.
He informed that the online ticketing marks the beginning of automation of ticket sales in all major stations in Abuja-Kaduna train service in line with global world best practices and will enhance efficiency, save time and promote accountability while also reducing leakage in the process of promoting economic growth.
According to the Minister, “the ticketing is a Public Private Partnership (PPP) valued at N900 million of which the concessionaire ( SecureID) will provide, then run it for 10 year to recoup its investment before reverting ownership to the Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC).”
Speaking earlier, the Chairman Governing Board, NRC, Ibrahim Alhassan Musa , said that e- ticketing solution would finally bring to an end, the persistent allegation of ticket racketeering at the train Station.
According to the Chief Executive Officer, Secure ID Solutions, Kofo Akinkugbe, in her remarks observed that the launch heralds the nation’s entry into the new age of multi- model ticketing in public transportation while allowing for passengers convenience, efficiency and accountability for operators and provide data for government for better decision making.
Kofo further stated that the e- ticketing solution after a successful pilot program as of today has issued 25,000 tickets online and informed intending commuters on the Abuja – Kaduna rail corridor to assess the e – ticketing solution via web by visiting www.nrc.tps.ng, other avenues are: downloading the application from Google Play store or Apple Store, POS and Cash payments at the counter.
According to her, all solutions offer an increased customer experience such as convenient ticket purchase 24 hours a day, seat selection, secure online payments, no physical interaction amongst others.
The online launch was witnessed by members of the the Governing Board of NRC and the Director Rail Transport Service, Federal Ministry of Transportation, Engr M.T Babakobi, who represented the Permanent secretary.
- Naira redesign: Emefiele urges NASS, Nigerians to show understanding
- Fuel scarcity may affect election logistics — INEC
- SAD…. PDP campaign rally turns mourning in Sokoto as Tambuwal’s aide, Aisha Maina dies
- Nigeria attains 100% broadband penetration— Buhari
- UPDATED: Jigawa Govt annouces funeral as Emir of Dutse dies at 78
- Buhari inaugurates 5,700-hectare Irrigation Scheme, pledges more relief for flood victims
- 2023 polls will be the best, Senate President assures EU observers, Kenya’s Raila Odinga
- Ondo PoS operators increase charges over scarce new Naira notes
- Nigeria’s public debt stock increases to N44.06trn in Q3 2022 – NBS
- CBN directs banks to pay customers with ₦100, ₦50, ₦20, over-the-counter