FG launches software to strengthen security at Abuja airport
The Presidential Business Enabling Environmental Council on Tuesday in Abuja launched a “reportgov.ng” app at Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport (NAIA) to promote safety and security.
Dr. Jumoke Oduwole, Special Adviser to the President on Ease of Doing Business, said the software would allow airport users to share their experiences inside the airport.
Oduwole said the app would allow airport stakeholders to submit information and receive feedback within 72 hours.
He added that the application will be available in other airports for the government to effectively manage and control various activities in the country’s airports.
According to her, the move is to improve behaviors and values in the country’s airports to advance the aviation industry.
“This is a new idea from the current administration. All airports are mentioned in the app. The information reaches the presidency and the FAAN directly, among others.
“Nigerians, public sectors, private sector, everyone, including the media, should help us. We need that feedback,” he said.
For his part, Captain Rabiu Yadudu, Managing Director of the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) said the new app would complement FAAN’s efforts towards security within the nation’s airports.
Yadudu commended the council’s efforts in launching the new app and thanked the Presidential Assistant for her special interest and contribution to FAAN.
The managing director said that the collaboration of the two establishments had promoted NAIA internationally.
Similarly, the NAIA Airport Manager, Mr. Mahmud Sani, said that the council’s contribution in dealing with passengers had earned it the 2018 Security Award and the 2020 Airport Service Quality Award for Best Airport Region.
Sani urged all airport users to promote the national interest of NAIA, noting that the airport was a vital part of the nation.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Davido announces album release, returns to social media
- President Buhari commissions new office of National Security Adviser (Photos)
- Protesters call for Interim Govt, INEC chairman arrest
- I will never be a member of APC– Fayose
- PHOTO NEWS : Gov. AbdulRazaq visits Iyiola Akogun
- Saudi Arabia releases date on when Ramadan fasting will start
- Gov. AbdulRazaq’s re-election victory is deserving—Nupehood boss
- Peter Obi rigged 2023 election, not Tinubu – Asari Dokubo
- Time for politicking is over — Tinubu
- Breaking….CBN Gov., Godwin Emefiele Raises Interest Rate To 18%