FG lays A’Ibom transmission substation foundation
The Minister of State for Power, Prince Goddy Jedy-Agba, has kicked off the transmission project for improved power supply at Ididep, Ibiono Local Government Area, Akwa Ibom State.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the project is a construction of 2 x 30/40MVA, 123/33kv Substation with six feeders, which is projected to be completed in 18 months.
Jeddy-Agba stated that the Federal Ministry of Power and the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) had to embark on the construction of the substation to strengthen the national grid, improve service delivery and increase capacity to supply power to the people of Akwa Ibom, adding that upon completion, the substation would strengthen the national grid by increasing its wheeling capacity to 25,000MW by 2025.
According to the Director Information/Press in a statement issued on behalf of the ministry by Margaret Oyinboade, he further informed the gathering that the project was a campaign promise fulfilled by President Muhammad Buhari, to the people of Akwa Ibom State.
Akwa Ibom State Governor, Mr. Emmanuel Udom, represented by the Hon. Commissioner of Power and Petroleum, Dr. James John Etim, thanked the Federal Government for bringing the project to the state and promised to support it.
Earlier, Senator Ita Enang, and the paramount chief of Ididep Ibiono, Okuku Ime Udo Usoro, appreciated President Muhammadu Buhari, the Ministers and Management of the Ministry of Power, the community heads and people of Akwa Ibom State for their cooperation.
He stated that he was interested in projects that influence the lives and promised to work with the state government to ensure its completion.
Director Transmission, Nosike Emmanuel appreciated the people for attending the groundbreaking ceremony and urged the Government and people of Akwa Ibom State to provide all necessary support and assistance to make the project a reality.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Okowa congratulates Adeleke on Appeal Court victory
- Ekweremadu, wife to be sentenced on May 5
- CBN confirms evacuation of banknotes, directs banks to open for weekend operations
- CBN begins monitoring of old notes circulation:
- Ademola Adeleke is the duly elected governor of Osun— Appeal Court
- BREAKING…Appeal court reinstates Adeleke as Osun governor
- Kwara Gov sympathises with residents over rainstorm, flooding incidents
- ICPC arraigns ex-JAMB’s Ojerinde, 4 children over alleged fraud
- World Athletics bans transgender women from women’s competition
- I will run Peter Obi’s model of governance in Abia State – Alex Otti