The Federal Government on Tuesday reiterated its commitment to reward
and protect whistle-blowers who provided information that led to
recovery of stolen funds or assets.
The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, stated
this during a visit to the head office of Leadership newspaper in
Mohammed, who was responding to a question on the stash of money
recovered from an apartment in Ikoyi, Lagos, said the whistle blower
would get the due reward.
He clarified the compensation modality as contained in the framework, saying
any whistle-blower whose information led to recovery of up to N1
billion would receive five per cent of the amount.
He said the reward for any amount between N1 billion and N5 billion
was 5 per cent for the first N1 billion and four per cent of the
remaining N4 billion.
The minister added that any amount above N5 billion would attract 2.5
per cent reward.
Mohammed noted that the policy of government was to keep the identity
of whistle blowers secret.
He described as unfortunate the situation where more than one person
came out as whistle blowers for the Ikoyi recovery.
He disclosed that Federal Government had come up with comprehensive
strategy to tackle violent extremism across the country.
He said the strategy was contained in a document entitled “Policy
Framework and National Action Plan for Preventing and Countering
Violent Extremism” launched by President Muhammadu Buhari.
Mohammed said the document was developed after consultations with
agencies of government, civil society organisations, the media and
academia, as well as
the international community.
He also spoke on the various policies and programmes of government at
revamping the economy, building infrastructure and creating jobs.
On the fight against corruption, Mohammed said government was winning the war,
having succeeded in driving corruption under the table.
He hailed Leadership newspaper for carrying out its duties professionally.
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated
- How pastors treWe both wept when Sammie Okposo told me how pastors treated him – Apostle Suleman
- My presidential ambition is for Nigeria’s future– Peter Obi
- PDP reschedules campaign flag off in Nasarawa over police permit
- UniAbuja ASUU protest unpaid salaries
- Unilorin V-C extols Prof. Gambari’s virtues @ 78