The Federal Government on Tuesday reiterated its commitment to reward
and protect whistle-blowers who provided information that led to
recovery of stolen funds or assets.
The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, stated
this during a visit to the head office of Leadership newspaper in
Mohammed, who was responding to a question on the stash of money
recovered from an apartment in Ikoyi, Lagos, said the whistle blower
would get the due reward.
He clarified the compensation modality as contained in the framework, saying
any whistle-blower whose information led to recovery of up to N1
billion would receive five per cent of the amount.
He said the reward for any amount between N1 billion and N5 billion
was 5 per cent for the first N1 billion and four per cent of the
remaining N4 billion.
The minister added that any amount above N5 billion would attract 2.5
per cent reward.
Mohammed noted that the policy of government was to keep the identity
of whistle blowers secret.
He described as unfortunate the situation where more than one person
came out as whistle blowers for the Ikoyi recovery.
He disclosed that Federal Government had come up with comprehensive
strategy to tackle violent extremism across the country.
He said the strategy was contained in a document entitled “Policy
Framework and National Action Plan for Preventing and Countering
Violent Extremism” launched by President Muhammadu Buhari.
Mohammed said the document was developed after consultations with
agencies of government, civil society organisations, the media and
academia, as well as
the international community.
He also spoke on the various policies and programmes of government at
revamping the economy, building infrastructure and creating jobs.
On the fight against corruption, Mohammed said government was winning the war,
having succeeded in driving corruption under the table.
He hailed Leadership newspaper for carrying out its duties professionally.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Buhari’s Women Affairs Minister, Pauline Tallen, withdraws from Senatorial race
- Stirke: UNILORIN VC sends strong message to FG, ASUU
- Ekiti guber race: I’m committed to APC’s victory at poll—Bamidele
- Foundation produces 65 graduates, gets donation from Davido
- I’ll work with NASS to restructure Nigeria – Atiku
- 2023: I will end banditry in 6 months, says Wike
- Blasphemy: No ‘jungle justice’ in Islam, Group backs Sultan Abubakar
- Prophet Muhammad Was Insulted While Alive, Yet He Didn’t Kill Anybody – Sheikh Gumi
- I’m only PDP presidential aspirant to win APC– Wike
- SOKOTO IMBROGLIO: MURIC CONDEMNS LOOTING, ATTACKS ON CHURCHES