Speaking while inspecting the rail project in Yako, Madobi Local Government Area in Kano, Sambo said the project was a priority that would add value to the entire country.
”We are trying our best to make the project a success.
“Agricultural produce are produced in the North and transported to the South while goods that are imported into the country come from seaport,” he said.
Sambo further explained that the two major challenges faced by the project were safety of the workers and encroachment of land.
On the issue of workers safety, he said the ministry would engage security to design templates for security of the existing sites and new ones.
On the issue of encroachment, he said:”we will meet with Kano State Government to find solution to it.”
In the same vein, the Executive Director of the Consulting firm, Filippo Macchioni, attributed slow pace of their work to adjustment from one single track to double track.
“We had an agreement with the ministry to finish the project in 36 months now, it has now been changed to 18
- 2023 election about competence, not religion– Tinubu Group
- 2023: Osinbajo group endorses Tinubu, receives APC letter of recognition
- Kwara Govt converts Ilorin General Hospital to teaching hospital
- I won’t forget Nigerians if elected, Tinubu vows
- Spectrum Auction will democratize broadband for Nigerians — Danbatta
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated