Mr. Osinbajo stated this at the Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Leadership and Governance Conference 2022, hosted by the Emir of Lafia, Justice Sidi Bage in Kano on Tuesday.
The conference was organized by the Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Foundation, in collaboration with the Kano State Government.
He said that “Sardauna was a man of peace and courage, as well as a promoter of traditional institutions, who demonstrated fairness and justice.”
“We will also continue to ensure collaboration between the Federal Ministry of Justice, state counterparts and law enforcement agencies to ensure that people arrested for terrorism and violent crimes are prosecuted effectively and quickly.
“This is a fight for this nation, and we are determined to win, by the grace of God, all these evil forces will be eliminated,” he said.
In his remarks, Governor Abdullahi Gantuve of Kano state recalled that the northern region was administered by the late Sardauna despite its vast nature.
He explained that Sardauna established a number of educational institutions and other government establishments that people were proud of today.
Gantuve said the Kano state government created four additional emirates to allow traditional institutions to play their role effectively in governance.
He also said that the government had also bought 150 buses for intra-urban transport, as well as infrastructure in other sectors.
Furthermore, the Sultan of Sokoto, Sa’ad Abubakar, said that Sardauna was fair and just towards all his subjects during his lifetime.
He urged current leaders to emulate the good leadership style of the Sokoto Sardauna.
Earlier in his presentation, Emir Sidi Bage spoke at length about the need to create a constitutional role for traditional institutions in the country.
“If you want intelligence, give the traditional rulers a role in the constitution, a traditional ruler is the top intelligence officer in their domain, but now they are seen as just advisers and have no powers,” he said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- FAAN inaugurates App for airport taxi
- LASU aims to become best varsity in W’Africa — VC
- Poverty not for any true child of God— RCCG Pastor
- Tinubu was never a minister, Osinbajo was commissioner when I was Speaker— Amaechi
- With your support, I will win – Tinubu tells Bauchi delegates
- Why Kano APC Delegates Should Vote Me — Amaechi
- APC Governorship aspirant resigns from party
- Court sentences 27yr-old student for illicit drug trafficking
- Breaking….. Buhari orders embattled Accountant-General’s suspension
- Deborah: Stop escalation of jungle justice across Nigeria, govt urged