The Federal Government says it is fully committed to the implementation of Economic Recovery and Growth Plan as the core of delivery strategy to achieve inclusive economic growth.
Mr Leon Aliboh, Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Budget and National Planning, made the statement at a meeting of the Joint Planning Board in Minna on Tuesday.
He said that “lesson of the 2017 Nigeria Economic Summit must not be lost on the need to unleash the inherent abundant opportunities in the nation’s economy, increase productivity and create employment for teeming unemployed youths through deliberate support for the small and medium enterprises”.
He said as seasoned permanent secretaries, directors of planning, planners and technocrats, “we are saddled with the responsibility of charting a roadmap that would lead to a total recovery of the economy”.
He explained that the aim was to ensure an emergence of an economic growth that is inclusive, resilient and able to compete with peers globally.
He said that Economic Recovery and Growth Plan was a veritable compass capable of helping to achieve meaningful impact in the economy and welfare benefits for all citizens.
Alhaji Yabaji Sule, Niger Head of Service who opened the technical meeting, said it came at the appropriate time.
He said that the state government was consolidating on the gains derived from the economic summit it recently hosted.
He said that the economic blue print of the state was focused on agriculture, health and tourism.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide