The federal government has said Nigeria will enforce the principle of reciprocity in granting permission to airlines to resume operations in the country as it opens its airspace for international flights.
Minister of Aviation, Senator Hadi Sirika disclosed this at the Thursday’s media briefing of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 in Abuja, saying that only airlines from countries that allow flights from Nigeria will be allowed to fly into and out of the country.
According to Sirika, the country’s position is informed by the ban placed by some countries on flights from Nigeria, and in the interest of its citizens.
The Minister who was represented by the Director General of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), Captain Musa Nuhu, also disclosed that airlines will be informed on arrangements put in place to ensure that resumption of flights will be hitch-free.
He also stated that for now, only a few flights per day will be permitted as a test run for the the protocols put in place to ensure a safe return to international operations. The protocols, according to him, would be made public in due course.
He expressed his appreciation to airlines operators, Aviation workers, travellers and all stakeholders for their patience and understanding and urged all hands to be on deck in ensuring a successful and efficient resumption of international flight operations.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign