The Federal Government has concluded arrangements to train about 1,500 youths from the Niger Delta region in its various skill acquisition programs in 2019.
Dr. Tunde Anifowose-Kelani, the Chief Consultant, Siegener Sabithos Nigeria Limited, one of the organizations partnering FG in the training, disclosed this in a statement issued on Sunday in Ibadan.
READ ALSO: 10 most powerful traditional rulers in Northern NigeriaThe statement was signed by Mr Henry Adedokun, the Public Relations Officer (PRO), of the firm.
He explained that the training was part of government’s efforts at increasing the human capital development in the country as well as check agitations and unrest, particularly in the Niger Delta areas.
Anifowose-Kelani said that 30 youths from the Niger Delta, were already trained in fish production, farming, Information Communication Technology (ICT), business development and entrepreneurial skills.
Anifowose-Kelani said that the empowerment program was not only a means of fast tracking development but an avenue to actualize the human capital development programmes of the federal government.
“This empowerment program is not only a means of fast tracking development of the entire region, but one of the ways to actualize the federal government’s human capital development program. It is the belief of the federal government that in addition to infrastructure, human capital development is quite vital and essential for the growth and development of any nation.
Ex-husband stops new lovers from getting married“Most of the crises we have in Nigeria today are as a result of the long time neglect of human capital development, so this training will help reduce agitations in the region,” he said.
He commended the initiative by the federal government as well as the commitment of the Minister of Niger Delta, Mr Usani Uguru Usani, to the program.
Anifowose-Kelani charged those who had already benefited from the program to replicate the knowledge gained in their respective communities for the overall development of their people.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal