The Federal Government has been advised to urgently address the crisis in the power sector so as to save the remaining existing industries in the country from total collapse.
The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Traditional Council of Chiefs Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, while receiving the executive members of the KWARA State Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture (KWACCIMA) led by its President, Alhaji Ahmed Raji.
The monarch noted that for industries to strive in the country the government must address the menace in the power sector stating that where there is no power, industries cannot grow.
He therefore challenged KWACCIMA to ensure that all moribund industries in the state are revived through genuine partnership with the state government to create employment opportunities particularly for the unemployed graduates.
Sulu-Gambari also expressed regrets that most industrialists that could not break even in the country due to epileptic power supply have relocated to neighboring countries like Ghana where power is stable to establish their businesses which he described as quite unfortunate.
The traditional ruler however urged industrialists to come and invest in KWARA state stressing that the state government was putting in concerted efforts at create enabling environment for industrialization and described the state as a home of peace and harmony.
He therefore commended the state governor, Alhaji Abdulfatah Ahmed for approving 10 hectares of land for KWACCIMA as venue for the permanent site for trade fair and pledged his support for the forthcoming trade fair to be organized by the chamber in the state.
He also enjoined politicians to guard against issues that could divide the nation but rather embark on healthy democracy and do not destroy an already established existing structure.
Earlier, the President of KWACCIMA, Alhaji Raji commended the Emir for always preaching unity and love among the people and for creating an enabling environment for business to strive in the state.
Alhaji Raji intimated the traditional ruler of the trade fair holding in October this year in Ilorin the state capital and solicited for the maximum support of the state government, the emir and the entire people of the state for its success.
He described KWACCIMA as the mouth piece of business in the state and assured that the chamber would do everything within its reach to add value to the state economy.
- Kwara govt set to sanction owned-tertiary institutions over unlawful recruitments
- Why I stripped naked to pray for Tinubu’ victory– Olaiya Igwe
- Labour Party suspends Arabambi over anti-party activities
- Asake apologizes for appearance at Birmingham shpw
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection