The President of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) Alhaji Najeem Usman Yasin stated this while speaking with ROYAL NEWS in Ilorin the Kwara State Capital on Tuesday.
According to him, “if not quickly addressed, the situation would further compound the hardship most Nigerians are going through. The situation is biting harder and cutting across all states of the federation.”
He also allayed the fear that the scarcity might have a multidimensional consequences which would invariably return the nation back to full blast recession, unemployment , insecurity and economic downturn.
Yasin however urged the federal government and the various agencies responsible for ensuring uninterrupted flow and circulation of the product to stop passing blames but rather address the scarcity within the shortest possible time.
The NURTW boss also cautioned that if the scarcity persists, motorists might be forced to increase their fares which will not go down well with the Nigerian masses stressing that even the passengers are groaning with the present cost not to talk of increasing the fare.
With the Yelutide around the corner, Nigerians should be able to travel to their various destinations without stress hence the need for the acute fuel crisis to be resolved”, he added.
He therefore appealed to motorists across the country particularly his members to guide against carrying fuel in jerrycans or hoarding to avoid fire incident .
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated
- How pastors treWe both wept when Sammie Okposo told me how pastors treated him – Apostle Suleman
- My presidential ambition is for Nigeria’s future– Peter Obi
- PDP reschedules campaign flag off in Nasarawa over police permit
- UniAbuja ASUU protest unpaid salaries
- Unilorin V-C extols Prof. Gambari’s virtues @ 78