The federal government has been urged to invest more on the Children Health Centres (CHC) across the country as they are very important to the country’s health circumstances.
A former President of the British Association of Paediatric Surgeons, Prof. Mark Davenport, stated this at a workshop co-organised by the Divisions of Paediatric Surgery of the University of Ilorin and the University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital (UITH) in collaboration with the National Hospital, Abuja and the Kings Hospital, London.
He stressed that such investment will safe the country from total collapse, ROYAL NEWS reports.
The workshop was held at the Main Theatre of UITH attracted many Paediatric Surgeons, paediatricians, nurses, radiologists, laboratory pathologists and intensivists from within and beyond the University.
At the workshop, tagged Paediatric Hepatopancreatobiliary Surgical Workshop”, the renowned Paediatric Surgeon, who was the guest lecturer, also charged the government to develop more expertise in the field of Liver diseases in children.
Prof. Davenport, who pointed out that the aim of the workshop is to help the participants to improve their skills in the area of child surgery, said, “We organized educational lectures prior to the surgery, we planned to do a surgery on the live child and it was filmed and broadcast as a zoom meeting”.
While disclosing that there is generally lack of intensive care of children in the country’s hospitals, the Guest Lecturer observed that steps are now being taken to improve it in some quarters.
Prof. Davenport commended the University of Ilorin, stressing that the best part of the town is the University with huge vast of lands that greatly amazed him.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Emir Sulu-Gambari set to install Balogun Gambari as most senior counsellor in Ilorin Emirate
- Divorce: JJC Skillz divorces Nollywood Star, Funke Akindele
- Gov Zulum directs promotion of deserving civil servants
- Kano APC Senator, Shekarau finally defects to NNPP
- Senate Confirms Buhari 7 Ministerial Norminees
- Fraud: Senate summons NIA boss over N/Delta activists’ blacklist by DSS
- Organ harvesting: Senate delegation to visit Ekweremadu, wife in London
- Ado-Ekiti Yahoo-Boy Jailed Two Years for Scam, Loses N13m Car to FG
- Money-politics affecting Nigeria’s political processes— Ex-Minister
- Kwara monarch introduces new currency for business activities in own community