Yahaya Sarki, spokesman for Kebbi State Governor Atiku Bagudu, confirmed this in a statement made available to the Nigerian News Agency in Birnin Kebbi on Saturday.
Sarki said: “Today, Saturday 8 January 2022, 30 students from the Federal Government College, Birnin Yauri, and a teacher have arrived in Birnin Kebbi, the capital of Kebbi state, after their liberation.
“They will undergo medical examinations and support while reuniting with their families.
“We thank all the security agencies and those who have helped secure the release, as we congratulate the President, Muhammadu Buhari, on the success.”
NAN recalls that 30 students from the same school were released on October 21, 2022, taken to Birnin Kebbi and reunited with their families.
This is in addition to some that were previously given to their parents.
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus