Fidau prayers in honor of the late Daudu of Agaka and the first Dan Iya of Ilorin, Alhaji Ibrahim Folorunsho Agaka will hold on Sunday, 13th January 2019, ROYAL NEWS has learnt.
This was contained in a statement issued on Thursday by the Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Traditional Council, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari.
According to the statement, “The chief Imam of Ilorin, Sheikh Mohammed Bashir Solihu and other Islamic scholars would lead the fidau prayers. Late Alhaji Kawu Agaka died on Monday at the age of 87 and has since been buried according to Islamic rites.
“The deceased who is survived by wives, children and grandchildren was the first Dan Iya of Ilorin.
He worked in various sectors of the then Ilorin Native Authority before being appointed as the private secretary of the Ilorin Emirate Council in the year 1975.”
It would be recalled that the deceased was turbaned as the first Dan Iya of Ilorin in November 1993 for his contributions to the development of the Ilorin Emirate.
The prayer will take place at the palace of the Emir of Ilorin beginning at 10am
- BREAKING…. Electricity employees suspend strike action
- BREAKING…. At last, Kwara governor picks new date to swear-in commissioners
- FG urged to set up unemployment fund
- Senate seeks 20% from budget to fund constituency projects
- Senate probes PPPRA over N800bn roads maintenance fund
- Senate moves against illegal influx of foreign vessels
- Buhari, Sanwo-Olu, Marwa bemoan prevalence of drug abuse in Nigeria
- Aisha Buhari fires Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu (FULL STATEMENT)
- Senate probes N20trn unremitted stamp duties from banks, others
- Senate escapes cracks, drops Confidence Vote on Lawan