By Akin Richy, Osogbo.
Ministries, Departments and Agencies of Government have again been urged to help boost the State’s revenue by ensuring that they avoid financial leakages in a bid to assist government accelerate development across the State.
Commissioner for Finance, Mr Bola Oyebamiji stated this during a special meeting with MDAs operating under the Finance Conglomerate at the government secretariat on Thursday.
Oyebamiji at the meeting tasked revenue generating agencies especially, to see themselves as partners with Governor Adegboyega Oyetola in the task to rebrand Osun and place it on a rising pedestal which will be to the benefit of all.
He enjoined the Osun Internal Revenue Service (IRS) led by it’s Chairman, Prince Gbite Ademikanra to double up efforts so as to assist the government deliver on his campaign promises to the masses of Osun.
According to him, “We should realize that the effort of moving our State forward is a concerted one which requires the input of all and sundry. Government has it’s part, Civil Servants have their part and also residents of the State have their part to play.
“Residents of the State can assist the government to keep the economy afloat through their hard-work and prompt payment of their taxes and other levies which government seriously needs to embark on developmental projects across the State.
“On the part of our Civil Servants, you must ensure accountability and see to the blocking of financial leakages in our system, it is very important that we all do this to ensure the economic prosperity of Osun which will lead to infrastructural development and improvement across all sectors of our dear State,” the Osun Finance Chief concluded.
- UNILORIN VC seeks upgrade of molecular lab to public health lab
- Naira, Fuel, scarcity take shine off 44th Kaduna International Trade Fair
- I paid ₦1,000 for litre– Oshiomhole laments fuel scarcity, price
- Tems wins Grammy award
- Kwara South Group Drums Support For ADC Reps candidate, Gbenga Power
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai