Connect with us

Uncategorized

Fire consumes family of Four in Lagos

Published

on

Fire consumes family of Four in Lagos

An overnight fire has killed a family of four, simply identified as Eze’s family, at No. 13, Buraimoh street, Bariga area of Lagos.

The Director of Lagos State Fire Service, Mr Rasak Fadipe, confirmed the incident on Wednesday in Lagos.

Fadipe said the incident occurred at about 2.48 a.m.

Read also:FRSC to deploy 200 officers in Bayelsa – Yuletide

He said personnel of the service got to the scene of the incident as soon as they got information about the fire, but that due to the double burglary irons on the door and window of the apartment, they were unable to reach the victims in time.

“The apartment is a chemist store. The father, mother, and two children of ages five and eight were found dead inside the store.

“ We advise that although one needs security in his or her house or business place, it should not be to the detriment of the people.

“Members of the family should always know the exist of their apartment whenever there is an emergency,” the director said.

Read also:Senate Sets Up Committee To Investigate Allegations Against SARS

Some sources reported that the deceased woman was pregnant mother of the two children, and that
the fire started after electricity supply was restored to the area.

Others believed that the fire could have been caused by candle light.

Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2020 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.

Contact: info@royalnews.com.ng

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Trending