The police command in Kano State says the Divisional Police Office in Nasarawa Local Government Area has been gutted by fire.
The state Commissioner of Police, Mr Hussaini Gumel, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Kano on Monday that the incident occurred in the early hours of Monday.
‘’At about 05.45 a.m. the Divisional Police headquarters was engulfed by fire and a major part of the building was burned down completely.
‘’This is in spite of prompt response by the State Fire Service,’’ he said.
Gumel said that investigation was ongoing to unravel the cause of the fire.
‘’The area has been cordoned off to prevent intrusion by on lookers and miscreants, the arms and ammunition in the office are very safe.
‘’The Divisional Police Officer is currently sorting out some of the affected documents,” he said.
- Emir of Ilorin condoles former AMCON chairman, Kola Belgore over wife’s death
- NiMet signs MoU with Sahel Consulting on agricultural improvement
- Buhari responsible for rot in Nigeria– Igboho
- NLC protest action may bring anarchy– TUC
- Former Kwara NUJ secretary, Timothy Nathaniel for burial Feb. 26-27
- Account for toll gate, parking lots fees since 2015, Court orders FAAN
- Adamawa hunters collaborate with Army to fight criminalities
- CSOs urge NASS to probe FG over $3.4billion COVID-19 loan, subsidy savings, others
- ARRANT NONSENSE: MURIC REPLIES MAN WHO SAID REMI TINUBU SHOULD BE KILLED
- JUST IN…. Former NBA national president, emerges as LP guber candidate in Edo