AUTHORITY of the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) has pledged to collaborate with the Kwara State Internal Revenue Service (KW-IRS) to improve revenue generation in the state.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that this development manifested when the executive chairman of the KW-IRS, Shade Omoniyi, in company of KW-IRS top management team, received members of the FIRS in her office.
Speaking during the meeting, the Tax Controller, Adama Isa, who led the seven-man team to the KWIRS office, said that continual collaboration between the two agencies would ensure eligible taxpayers in the state are adequately and appropriately captured into the tax net.
The FIRS official also said that the courtesy visit was aimed at strengthening the long-standing institutional relationship between FIRS and KW-IRS.
Adama, who applauded the data-sharing liaison between both revenue agencies, pledged continual collaboration in ensuring eligible taxpayers in the State are adequately and appropriately captured into the tax net.
The team also discussed several areas of interest and concerns as it relate to revenue enhancement for Kwara State.
Also speaking, the Executive Chairman, KW-IRS, Shade Omoniyi, commended FIRS for the support towards achieving seamless tax administration.
She stated that, among the ongoing reforms of the Service is the ability of taxpayers to apply for Tax Clearance Certificate online through KW-IRS Self-Service Portal.
The KW-IRS boss assured continuous excellent service delivery, integrity and efficiency in tax administration of the state, adding that KW-IRS will not relent in improving on its processes in a bid to grow IGR of the state.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Emir Sulu-Gambari set to install Balogun Gambari as most senior counsellor in Ilorin Emirate
- Divorce: JJC Skillz divorces Nollywood Star, Funke Akindele
- Gov Zulum directs promotion of deserving civil servants
- Kano APC Senator, Shekarau finally defects to NNPP
- Senate Confirms Buhari 7 Ministerial Norminees
- Fraud: Senate summons NIA boss over N/Delta activists’ blacklist by DSS
- Organ harvesting: Senate delegation to visit Ekweremadu, wife in London
- Ado-Ekiti Yahoo-Boy Jailed Two Years for Scam, Loses N13m Car to FG
- Money-politics affecting Nigeria’s political processes— Ex-Minister
- Kwara monarch introduces new currency for business activities in own community