The Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) says the window of opportunity for waivers of penalties and interest on outstanding taxes arising from desk examinations and audit exercises will close on Dec. 31.
Mr Abdullahi Ahmad, Director, Communications and Liaison Department of the FIRS, made this known in a statement in Abuja on Wednesday.
Ahmad urged taxpayers in the country to take advantage of the remaining days to settle their tax obligations in order to enjoy all subsisting waivers offered thereof by the service.
He said the Executive Chairman of the FIRS, Mr Muhammad Nami, had already issued a reminder in this regard entitled, “public notice on the recovery of outstanding taxes from taxpayers”.
“The Service, in recent times, has issued a series of palliatives for the waivers of penalties and interest on outstanding taxes arising from desk examinations, audit exercises, investigations or all other forms of tax assessment.
“However, the service has observed that some taxpayers are yet to take advantage of the palliative windows opened to cushion the effect of the challenges of the economy on taxpayers.
“Furthermore, the service wishes to put all taxpayers on notice that the last window of opportunity for the waiver of outstanding penalties and interest on all taxes collectible by the service shall close on 31st December 2020” he stated.
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes