The First Lady, Mrs Aisha Buhari, on Wednesday in Kano condoled with the state government over the alleged murder of a school girl, Hanifa.
She also commiserated with the family of the late Shiekh Ahmad Muhammad-Bamba.
The president’s wife informed Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje that she was in the state for a private visit but decided to commiserate with him on the death of Hanifa.
“I am here to condole with the government, the Emir of Kano, Hanifa’s family and the entire people of the state.
“As a mother, I hope justice will be served on the matter so that mothers will be satisfied.
“My grandchildren are already in nursery and primary schools. They trusted their teachers and we too.
“In a situation where our children are not safe in their schools, that means the society has become something else.
“Punishment should be served to satisfy all the mothers,” she said.
The First Lady also condoled with the governor over the late Muhammad-Bamba.
She prayed to the Almighty Allah to forgive his sins and grant him Al-Jannah Firdausi.
In his response, Ganduje, expressed delight and thanked the president’s wife for the visit.
He said that the late Hanifa was kidnapped by her own custodian and eventually killed.
“This is unfortunate, and I assure you and the nation that we are concerned, justice will be done. She was our daughter.
He said that the government was taking some measures pertaining to the property where the incident took place.
Ganduje added that the government would take care of Hanifa’s parents to reduce their pains.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Train attack victims: FG reveals details on alleged ransome paid
- AbdulRazaq greets Muslims, attends Kwara’s annual Maulid celebration
- Buhari presents N20.51trn 2023 budget to National Assembly
- Gbajabiamila Pledges Timely Passage of 2023 Budget
- Al-Hikmah varsity Founder offers scholarships to late Sheikh Aboto’s children
- Oil theft has put economic diversification under serious threat—-Lawan
- BREAKING…Appeal Court orders ASUU to call off strike
- Buhari makes last budget presentation as president
- Nigeria needs increased budgetary allocation to make headway in pursuit for Universal Health Coverage—Fayemi
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday