The Nigeria Police Force (NPF) said late Saturday night that five suspects have been arrested over the recent killing of seven policemen at Galadimawa, Abuja.
The Inspector General of Police (IGP) Ibrahim Idris had on the 3rd July, 2018 set-up a team of Specialized Crack Investigation Detectives, Police Scene of Crime Experts and Technical Intelligence Unit of the Force to investigate the ambush attack and killing of seven Policemen.
The Policemen were killed on Monday 2 July, around 9 pm at the Galadimawa round about, not far from the city centre.
The team headed by CP Bala Chiroma commenced investigation immediately and were directed by the IGP to complete the assignment within 21 days.
Police spokesman acting DCP Jimoh Moshood in a statement on Saturday said, “the investigation team have so far arrested five suspects connected to the killings.”
He noted that, ” however, there is the need to beef-up security throughout the country to enhance and ensure adequate security and protection of lives and properties across the Nation.”
He said to this end, the Assistant Inspectors General of Police in charge of Zonal commands and Commissioners of Police in State Commands are under strict instruction of the IGP to re-gird their crime prevention and control strategies.
He said they are to carryout massive deployment of Police personnel and logistics to strengthen security in their Area of Responsibility (AOR) and deal decisively with suspected criminal elements.
Moshood said, particular attention is to be placed on places of worship, schools, markets, venues of recreation and other public spaces to forestall any untoward incident.
He said, “the ongoing raids of criminal hideouts and black spots will be sustained throughout the Country. Show of Force exercise and confidence building patrols will also be embarked upon.”
He added that the Force therefore implores members of the public to cooperate with the Police personnel deployed in their localities.
Moshood said the renewed commitment of the Nigeria Police Force to sustain the tempo of the fight against violent crimes and other criminalities in the country and guarantee protection of Lives and Property remains unequivocal and unwavering.
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption