At least five farmers have been feared dead after being ambushed by gunmen on their way to their farms at Modakeke community, Osun State.
The incident which occurred around 7am on Friday August 20, caused tension in the community as residents and policemen visited the scene to evacuate corpses of the farmers.
Osun police spokesperson SP Yemisi Opalola confirmed the incident, saying;
“I heard some people were killed and the Commissioner of Police, Mr Olawale Olokode has deployed more of our men to the scene.
“Our men are doing everything possible to restore peace in the area.”
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note
- Buhari speaks on new naira notes redesign amidst hardships
- NPC boss warns against extortion from applicants
- Tribunal judgement: I have faith in judiciary – Gov. Adeleke
- PoS surcharge: Operators allege bank officials sell cash to them
- Oyo Governor, Makinde Suspends Campaign Activities Over Fuel, Naira Crisis