The incident, which involved a lorry and a golf car, happened in Ugogo Local Government area of Kano State.
Alhaji Saidu Muhammad, the Public Relations Officer, Kano State Fire Service, confirmed the incident in a statement in Kano.
Muhammad said that the accident occurred at about 7.18a.m when the two vehicles had head-on collision.
“The Tipper Farkas with registration number QF 435-NSH and Golf car with registration number KMC-828 ZV coming from opposite directions had head-on collision,” he said.
Muhammad attributed the course of the accident, which involved 10 people, to speeding.
He noted that the five people were rescued.
“We received a rescue call from Rimin Gata Ungogo Local Government at about 7.18a.m through Malam Usman Aminu Iguda.
“On receiving information, we quickly dispatched our personnel and vehicles to the scene of the incident to rescue the victims.
“The victims were evacuated to Murtala Muhammad Specialist Hospital where five people were confirmed dead, while the other five are receiving treatment,” he said.
Muhammad appealed to motorists to always obey traffic regulations so as to stay alive and minimize accidents on the road.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7