Following reports from the Nigeria Hydrological Services Agency, NIHSA, that some parts of the country may experience flooding including Kaduna State, The state government has advised communities and residents in those locations to temporarily relocate to safer areas in order to avoid loss of lives and properties.
A statement signed by the Commissioner, Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources, Mrs. Amina Dyeris Sijuwade, said, “The Kaduna State Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources wishes to inform the General public that, the Nigeria Hydrological Services Agency (NIHSA) in its flood outlook for 2017 has projected flood events in some parts of Kaduna state.
“In response to that, Kaduna state Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources in collaboration with Kaduna state Environmental Protection Authority (KEPA) as part of its routine flood patrol was alarmed at the rapid overflow of river Kaduna at Unguwar Rimi, Kigo road, Barnawa, Tudun Wada and Kudenda.
“As a proactive measure to avert any threat to lives and property of residents living in these flood-prone areas, the Ministry is, therefore, calling on the communities and residents in those locations to temporarily relocate to the safer areas in other to avoid loss of lives and properties.”
The statement advised residents to collaborate with government and ensure compliance with the directive.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign