Former Arsenal, Middlesbrough and West Brom goalkeeper, Alan Miller has tragically passed away at the age of 51.
The news of his death was confirmed in report by Daily Mail. But the cause of his death is yet unknown.
The Englishman joined the Gunners as a schoolboy in 1984 and signed as a professional with the club four years later.
Miller made his Arsenal debut as a substitute against Leeds United at Elland Road, in so doing becoming the first Gunners goalkeeper to make an appearance as a substitute.
He made five appearances for Arsenal in total, and was an unused substitute as the Gunners won the FA and League Cup double in 1993, as well as the European Cup Winners’ Cup a year later.
Miller had spent time on loan with Plymouth Argyle, West Brom, and Birmingham City, and joined Boro for £325,000 in August 1994. He won the Championship with the North East side in the 1994-95 season.
The Englishman moved to West Brom for £400,000 in 1997 before joining Blackburn Rovers in 2000. Miller ended his career at Ewood Park with a back injury forcing him into retirement in 2003.
Miller also enjoyed loan spells with Huddersfield Town, Grimsby Town, Bristol City, Coventry City and St Johnstone.
West Brom tweeted: ‘We are desperately saddened to learn of the passing of former goalkeeper Alan Miller. Our thoughts are with Alan’s family and friends at this terribly sad time.’
Former Arsenal team-mate Lee Dixon tweeted: ‘Devastated to hear the news that our team mate Alan Miller has passed away.
‘He was one of life’s good guys. What a man. Heart of gold. RIP my friend.’
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal
- Multichoice, stakeholders reject pay-per-view for TV
- Money to fix Nigeria stolen on daily basis – ICPC