Veteran talk show host and former CNN presenter, Larry King, has Covid-19, and has been hospitalized.
King, 87, has been hospitalized at Cedars Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles for more than a week, and is in intensive care due to the fact he has Type 2 diabetes, according to a statement released by his family.
He has also battled several heart attacks over the years and had quintuple bypass surgery in 1987.
In 2017, King revealed he had been diagnosed with lung cancer and successfully underwent surgery to treat it.
In 2019 he had surgery to treat angina.
King hosted CNN’s “Larry King Live” for 25 years, interviewing presidential candidates, celebrities, athletes, movie stars and everyday people, gaining him celebrity status worldwide..
He retired in 2010. Last year, two of his children died within weeks of each other.
His son, 65-year-old Andy King, passed away of a heart attack in late July, followed by his 52-year-old daughter Chaia King, who died in August shortly after being diagnosed with lung cancer.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- NiMet predicts cloudy, sunny weather conditions for three days
- Buhari hails Army over professionalism, bravery
- Police graduates 467 constables in Kwara
- Estate agent arraigned in court over alleged N3.4m fraud
- Photo News: Defence Minister, Salihi Magashi visits Kuje prison
- KUJE ATTACK: MINISTER OF DEFENCE INSPECTS MEDIUM SECURITY CUSTODIAL CENTRE
- 2022 Ilorin Grand Durbar: Kwara govt expresses more supports
- Bandits, vigilantes clash kill 12 persons in Plateau
- FG set to recruit 1million Nigerians for 2023 census exercise
- Police re-arrest jailbreaker in Ondo State