Sadiya Magatakarda Wamakko, the daughter of former Sokoto state Governor, Aliyu Magatakarda Wamakko has unfortunately passed away.
She died at the age of 23 following childbirth complications on Thursday, September 10 2020.
Miss Sadiya Magatakarda Wamakko died at the Usmanu Danfodiyo University Teaching Hospital, Sokoto.
She was laid to rest on the same day. The funeral prayer was conducted at her father’s residence at Sahabi Dange road, Gawon Nama, Sokoto.
The funeral prayer was led by the Chief Imam of Sultan Bello Juma’at Mosque, Sokoto, Liman Malami Shehu Akwara.
In attendance was Senator Wamakko, former Deputy Governor and National Commissioner, National Population Commission, Alhaji Chiso Abdullahi Dattijo, as well as another former Deputy Governor and Executive Secretary, Police Trust Fund , Alhaji Ahmed Aliyu Sokoto.
Other dignitaries who were in attendance at the funeral were Magajin Garin Sokoto and Magajin Rafin Sokoto, Alhaji Hassan Danbaba and Alhaji Rilwanu Bello, respectively.
Mr. Wamakko is currently the chairman of the Senate Committee on Defence and Deputy Chairman, Senate Committee on Anti Corruption.
See photos from the funeral,
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note
- Buhari speaks on new naira notes redesign amidst hardships
- NPC boss warns against extortion from applicants
- Tribunal judgement: I have faith in judiciary – Gov. Adeleke
- PoS surcharge: Operators allege bank officials sell cash to them
- Oyo Governor, Makinde Suspends Campaign Activities Over Fuel, Naira Crisis