Super Eagles former goalkeeper trainer and assistant coach, Joe Erico, has died aged 72.
Erico reportedly passed away on Tuesday morning, January 19, in Lagos surrounded by his family, after a brief illness.
A relative of the coach known as Tomiwa Aghedo, confirmed the sad news to Goal.com stating that the coach complained of stomach ache before he died.
“I feel sad informing you that coach Joe Erico passed away [Tuesday],” Aghedo told Goal.
“He complained of stomach ache yesterday and he was subsequently rushed to the hospital, where he was told to present his Covid-19 test result before he would be attended to.
“Coach Erico went for the test as directed and very early Tuesday morning he passed away. It’s terrible news at this point in time and everyone of us is devastated.
“We are consoled by the fact that he served Nigeria with all his strength and he lived a good life worthy of emulation.”
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG