Foundation names Football Trophy after late Justice Titi Daibu (PHOTOS)
The Abdulrahman Daibu has held the final of the Super 8 Ramadan Football Tournament stressing that the trophy was in memory of a late High Court Judge, Justice Safiya Titilayo Daibu.
ROYAL NEWS reports at the event which was held at SMABIRM Sports Arena’s 5-aside playing field, the deceased was recognised for her numerous contributions and humanitarian supports to the less privileged in the society.
Speaking at the event, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, (SAN) Lukman Fagbemi, has encouraged Kwara youths to take active participation in sports, particularly football, to enhance their health and well-being and build a profitable career.
He also expressed his gratitude to the organizer for giving him the opportunity as the special guest of honor and promised to always encourage the youths to take active participation in sports as a way of engaging them to express their talents.
Fagbemi therefore donated the sum of fifty thousand naira to the winning team [Lukesh FC], while the runner-up [Daibu FC] went home with thirty thousand naira.
Earlier, the convener of the tournament, Barrister Abdulrahman Daibu, said the competition was part of the foundation’s prosperity programs that cover education, sports, entrepreneurship, and other social activities geared towards empowering the youth to showcase their God-given talents.
“The trophy was in memory of our late mother, Justice Safiya Titilayo Daibu, who will always be remembered for her humanitarian support for our people.”
The Foundation donated a cash prize of fifty thousand naira to the winning team and a similar amount of fifty thousand naira to the runner-up. More so, gold and silver medals were presented to the winners and runners-up, apart from special prizes to the best goalkeeper Joshua of Daibu FC and highest goal scorer Victor of Daibu FC, packaged by the Foundation’s technical advisor, Mr. Agboola Oladokun, popularly known as “Coach Aje” of the ZA-AJ football academy.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Senate amends ICPC Act, slams 2yr imprisonment on false petitioners
- FG roads: NASS approves Buhari’s request of N16.7bn refund to Borno
- Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer To Tinubu: Don’t inherit Buhari’s hostility
- Adegoke’s Murder: Court sentences Adedoyin to death
- Gov Otti reveals plan to recruit 5,000 teachers in Abia
- 10th NASS: Igbo Senate Presidency still alive, says Kalu
- Court sentences Rahmon Adedoyin, 3 others to death
- DSS’ Siege on Our Lagos Office Shocking – EFCC
- Fuel scarcity: KWSG to revoke CoO of erring filling stations
- Gov Abba Yusuf issues executive order to probe Ganduje