A free medical outreach program providing eye screening, treatment and giving out eye glasses free of charge has commenced in Ilorin, Kwara State, ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
The free services is being provided by a private outfit; Mohammed Ajia Ibrahim (MAI) Foundation is targeting 5000 residents of Kwara State in the first batch of the exercise proposed to go round the sixteen Local Government Areas of the state.
The outreach kicked off on Wednesday at the family compound of the founder; Alhaji Mohammed Ajia in Agaka area of the state capital.
Speaking with journalists at the occasion, Ajia said he floated the foundation to render the humanitarian gesture out of a passion he developed after taking a close look at the suffering of the people around him.
His words; “My foundation is borne out of concerns for our people suffering and we have rolled out series of pragrammes scheduled to start in due course. So, part of it is a health outreach programme which we embarked on to help kwarans protect their eyes.
“We observed that eye is essential organ in the body and a lots of people are having problems with their eyes and they can not afford to treat them, ” he said
Ajia said the foundation, through a partnership with experts is sensitizing the people on the causes of eye challenges with a view to guide them on what they must do, like the right diets to take as a way to avoid eye problems.
According to him, the diet is very key to people’s health including eye care pointing out that there are high friendly foods which people ignore only to their own peril evem when such foods are relatively cheap.
Speaking further he said, “we are targeting at 5000 Kwarans to benefit from this programme and we will move to Offa, and we will go round the three Senatorial Districts to reach the common people.”
Ajia, who expressed satisfaction with the turn of people on Wednesday urged beneficiaries to adhere to the counsel of the medical personnel on ir eyes.
The philanthropist told journalists that he would not relent in his resolve to render services to humanity in whatever position ordained him to be as long as he lives.
- I’ll continue to prioritise education, says Gov Sule
- Police cautions governors against frustrating opposition parties’ campaign
- We’ll recover semester, session lost to strike – ASUU
- Yahoo boy arrested for beating undergraduate girlfriend to death in Ogun
- Governor Ikpeazu signs female inheritance bill into law
- Kwara Gov. reshuffles cabinet, swears-in new commissioners, others
- SON issues MANCAP certificates to 102 companies in Kano
- KAM Holding Gets SON Applause, Bags 6 MANCAP Certificates (PHOTOS)
- ASUU: Lectures receive full salaries for November, without arrears
- Osun Speaker, Owoeye meets Governor Adeleke