Four people were on Tuesday arraigned before a Kafanchan Chief Magistrates’ Court for allegedly loitering around notorious black spots in Kafanchan, Kaduna State.
The defendants, Bilyaminu Mohammed, Musa Abubakar, Godiya Jonah and Siyonna Danjuma, are being tried on charges of loitering and brigandage.
While the first, second and third defendants denied the charges, the fourth however, pleaded guilty to the charges.
The Magistrate, Mr Abdulaziz Ibrahim, consequently ordered the remand of the fourth defendant in a correctional facility while he granted the three remaining defendants bail in the sum of N50, 000 each with a surety in like sum.
Ibrahim adjourned the matter until Nov. 3 for summary trial of the fourth defendant and hearing in respect of the three other defendants.
Earlier, the prosecutor, Insp. Esther Bishen, had told the court that a police patrol team on Oct. 17, arrested the defendants while allegedly loitering without purpose around known black spots in the state.
According to Bishen, their offence contravenes the provisions of Section 291 of the Kaduna State Penal Code Law.
- PHOTO NEWS: Peter Obi visits Emir of Ilorin
- 2023 elections: NUT opens up on candidate to vote
- World Cancer Day: DevComms advocate public literacy for earlier detection
- Fuel Scarcity: Transporters Demand Removal of Sylva, Kyari
- APC postpones presidential campaign rally in Oyo indefinitely
- Ibadan records another protest over scarcity of fuel, new naira notes
- Peter Obi arrives Kwara for Presidential Campaign rally (photos)
- 13 parties vow to withdraw from election if new naira deadline extends
- UNILORIN VC seeks upgrade of molecular lab to public health lab
- Naira, Fuel, scarcity take shine off 44th Kaduna International Trade Fair