Four people were on Tuesday arraigned before a Kafanchan Chief Magistrates’ Court for allegedly loitering around notorious black spots in Kafanchan, Kaduna State.
The defendants, Bilyaminu Mohammed, Musa Abubakar, Godiya Jonah and Siyonna Danjuma, are being tried on charges of loitering and brigandage.
While the first, second and third defendants denied the charges, the fourth however, pleaded guilty to the charges.
The Magistrate, Mr Abdulaziz Ibrahim, consequently ordered the remand of the fourth defendant in a correctional facility while he granted the three remaining defendants bail in the sum of N50, 000 each with a surety in like sum.
Ibrahim adjourned the matter until Nov. 3 for summary trial of the fourth defendant and hearing in respect of the three other defendants.
Earlier, the prosecutor, Insp. Esther Bishen, had told the court that a police patrol team on Oct. 17, arrested the defendants while allegedly loitering without purpose around known black spots in the state.
According to Bishen, their offence contravenes the provisions of Section 291 of the Kaduna State Penal Code Law.
Contact: [email protected]
- Harry Akande dies at 77
- N100m not paid as ransom to secure release of Chinese — Association
- 18 dead after carbon monoxide leak in China coal mine – Report
- PWDs: CCD urges MDAs in Lagos State to fully implement disability laws
- Air Peace receives another aircraft from C-Check maintenance – Official
- Peace talks: Afghan national reconciliation council holds first meeting
- Ghanaians confident of peaceful general elections
- Ejike Oji wants state govts. to key into FP programmes, develop plan
- Indian minister tests positive after getting COVID-19 vaccine trial dose
- Enugu by-election commences hitch-free, peacefully
- News11 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen
- Metro8 months ago
BREAKING…. Kwara govt announces total lockdown in Offa
- Education1 year ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
- Politics11 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
- News2 years ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
- Politics2 years ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)