An Osun High Court on Tuesday in Osogbo sentenced four persons to death for conspiracy and armed robbery.
The convicts, Joseph Moses, 24, Samuel Job, 19, Gideon Ode, 25, and Daniel Abraham, 24, were brought to the court on a four-count of armed robbery and conspiracy.
The prosecutor, Mrs Abdulrahman Temitope, had told the court that the convicts committed the offense on Oct. 14, 2013, at about 8:00 pm along Kajola expressway in Osogbo.
Temitope said the convicts conspired among themselves to rob one Abubakar Rauf of his motorcycle with registration number BDG 896 QB.
She said, “The suspects conspired to attack the complainant with a knife and dangerous weapons collecting his motorcycle.
“They injured the complainant and also carted away his Bajaj motorcycle to their house before they were apprehended,” the prosecutor said.
Temitope said the crime committed had been a serial occurrence within the vicinity which had led to the death and missing of some persons.
The prosecutor said the offences contravened Section 6 and is punishable under section 1 of the Robbery and Fire Arm (Special Provision) Cap R11, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004.
Counsel to the accused, Mr Jimmy Jones, however, pleaded
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes